Woman Battling Breast Cancer Criticized For Tweeting & Blogging About Her Illness
- The New York Times’ Bill Keller and his wife Emma Gibley Keller (in the UK’s Guardian — which has since been removed) have criticized a woman named Lisa Bonchek Adam, a blogger who is battling stage IV breast cancer, while questioning the “ethics” of writing about terminal illness and comparing it to “funeral selfies.” The whole thing is so strange. I’m not sure why writing about one’s illness would be unethical. [In These Times, New York Times, Guardian UK]
- CeCe McDonald has been released from prison! [ColorLines]
- The Supreme Court declined to review an appeal to a ruling blocking the enforcement of an Arizona law which would have further restricted abortion rights in the state. The law will still stay blocked. [Feminist.org, NPR]
- From Janet Jackson to Beyoncé: why it matters when Black women sing about sexuality. [xoJane]
- Homophobic Golden Globes speeches from straight men Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey prove we need more LGBT actors playing LGBT roles. [Flavorwire]
- The “Downton Abbey” rape episode aired stateside last night. [Spoiler alert, obviously.] [Slate]
- Nigeria has passed a law banning gay marriage, displaying same-sex romantic behavior in public, or belonging to gay groups. [AlJazeera]
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe took office on Saturday and quickly signed an executive order banning discrimination against LGBT state employees. [Washington Blade]
- Artist Kara Walker, whose themes explore Black history, is opening a large-scale public installation at the Domino Sugar refinery located in Brooklyn. [Gothamist]
- Meet Alexis Wilkinson, a Harvard junior and the first ever Black woman to run the Harvard Lampoon comedy magazine. [NYmag.com]
- 12 feminists on the best and worst of sexual liberation in America. [Kinja via Playboy]
- On the sexual geopolitics of popular culture and transnational Black feminism. [The Feminist Wire]
- Talking to Kelly Lewis, professional solo female traveler. [The Hairpin]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.