New Survey Illustrates What Different Countries Think About How Muslim Women Should Cover Up
- Check out this interesting chart from the Pew Research Center illustrating the results of a new survey that asked respondents in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and other countries which woman “is dressed most appropriately.” The study found that participants preferred that women cover their hair, but not always their face. [Pew Research Center via Foreign Policy]
- The brother of a Planned Parenthood receptionist who was murdered by anti-abortion extremists inside her clinic is headed to the Supreme Court next week to argue on behalf of buffer zones outside of clinics. [Boston Globe]
- The former Florida State student allegedly sexually assaulted by Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston announced plans on Monday to file a civil lawsuit against the football player and the Tallahassee Police Department. Florida declined to charge Jameis Winston after he was accused of sexually assaulting the student at a party in 2012. [The Root]
- Here are some bills that Missouri has planned that would further restrict abortion rights in the state. [RH Reality Check]
- This photo series of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina, the two members of Pussy Riot who were recently given amnesty from their prison sentences, is strikingly beautiful. [TIME]
- What Melissa Harris-Perry really said about transracial adoption. [The Nation]
- Surprise: women forced to view their ultrasounds before an abortion will have abortions anyway. [Jezebel]
- Florida is just looking for reasons to send Marissa Alexander back to jail. [MSNBC]
- Women in Kenya are trying to stop the practice of “jaboya,” or having sex with fishermen to procure fish, in order to halt the spread of HIV. [BBC]
- On how Orthodox Jewish mothers are “leaning in” by starting their own businesses. [Forward]
- Meet Susan Murphy, a statistician who won a MacArthur “Genius” Award last year. [The Hairpin]
[Image via Pew Research Center]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.