“Saturday Night Live” Adds Two Black Women To Writers’ Room Staff
- Good news in Today’s Lady News, for once: “Saturday Night Live” has added two Black women to its writing staff beginning this month. LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones are both comediennes who were discovered during recent auditions held by executive producer Lorne Michaels, with the express purpose of adding a Black female to the cast. “SNL” announced earlier this week that it had cast Sasheer Zamata, a performer with the Upright Citizens Brigade. She’ll join the show as a featured player on the January 18th episode hosted by Drake. Congratulations, ladies! [Hollywood Reporter]
- Meanwhile, Amy Poehler doesn’t want to talk about it. [Salon]
- The Taliban, who we totally believe about anything, said they had nothing to do with the 10-year-old girl who was found to have explosives attached to her body for an intended suicide attack. [Radio Free Europe]
- A brief intro into “trap feminism.” [Feministing]
- On the female face of poverty, 50 years after the War on Poverty began. [The Atlantic]
- Wall Street Journal editorial board member James Taranto probably just shouldn’t talk about women ever. [Media Matters For America]
- The top enlisted sailor aboard a Navy ship based in Japan has been removed from his position following a sexual assault allegation from a fellow crew member. [Military.com]
- Melissa Mark-Viverito is New York City’s first-ever Latina City Council Speaker. [Gothamist]
- What if people who aren’t transgender were asked about their genitals on TV, a la Laverne Cox? [PolicyMic]
- Check out these photographs from a project called “Good Hair” by New York-based photographer Nakeya B, which explores Black women, hair politics and consumption. [African & Afro-Diasporan Art Talks]
- Boundaries and how to set them. [Self Care After Rape]
- On the “stage kittens” of burlesque. [New York Observer]
- British novelist Elizabeth Jane Howard, author of the books in The Cazalet Chronicles series, has died at 90. [New York Times]
[Images via Twitter and JustLeslie.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.