Transgender Woman Cece McDonald To Be Released From Men’s Prison
- CeCe McDonald, a transgender Black woman who was sentenced to 41 months in a men’s prison, will be released. CeCe was attacked in Minneapolis by a group of people yelling racist and bigoted slurs, one of whom also threw a drink at her. CeCe stabbed and killed one of the men and claimed self-defense. She eventually plead guilty to second-degree manslaughter. Her arrest has drawn international attention because not only because she was defending herself against an attack, but because she was sentenced to a prison full of men. [MSNBC]
- The Supreme Court has halted same-sex marriage in Utah, where it was legalized on December 20 and quickly appealed by the state. Around 900 gay and lesbian couples have married in UT since the emergency order was handed down today. [TIME]
- Ma’lik Richmond, the high school student convicted in the sexual assault of a female classmate in Steubenville, Ohio, has been released from a federal detention facility. [Reuters]
- A judge in India has ruled that premarital sex is “immoral.” [BBC]
- The Fifth Circuit federal appeals court heard arguments today about the anti-abortion law in Texas which would require that abortion providers have admitting privileges at local hospitals, thus severely limiting the number of doctors who can terminate pregnancies for women in the state. [RH Reality Check, ABC News]
- Why are folks being so silent about Jahi McMath, the 13-year-old Black girl who is brain-dead after a routine tonsillectomy? [The Root]
- A little girl in Afghanistan who may be as young as eight-years-old and related to a Taliban leader was caught wearing a suicide vest. [BBC]
- Why women aren’t welcome on the Internet. [Pacific Standard]
- On arguing with SWERFs (sex work exclusionary radical feminists). [The Gloss]
- Italy’s legal system offers no rights or protections for lesbians and gays. [Los Angeles Times]
- On how it was fetish model Bettie Page’s female fans who made her an icon. [The Atlantic]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.