Teen Maps Her Recovery From Anorexia Over Instagram
- Antonia Eriksson isn’t like most 18-year-olds on Instagram. She’s got the selfies and the food porn, but for her, Instagram is something different: it’s about charting her path to recovery from an eating disorder. Her account used to be entitled @fightinganorexia and began in September 2012, when she was hospitalized near death. Her very first picture was from a hospital bed. Now she posts photographs of healthy foods and of her stronger, healthier body after workouts. [The Daily Dot, Instagram.com/EatMoveImprove]
- More abortion laws were enacted in the past three years than in the entire previous decade, according to a new report from the Guttmacher Institute. [Huffington Post]
- New mothers in Oregon are now legally allowed to take their placentas home from the hospital to use for medicinal or spiritual reasons. [Los Angeles Times]
- Why is breastfeeding in church so controversial? [USA Today]
- A Republican candidate in Maine said that fighting his domestic violence conviction shows “integrity.” [Talking Points Memo]
- A transgender woman was beaten to death in Rome, Italy. [CNN]
- Why one Jewish woman refuses to straighten her hair. [Kveller]
- 50 essential movies about exhilaratingly bad women. [Flavorwire]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.