Teen Accused Of “Public Lewdness,” Kicked Out Of School For Reporting Rape
- An East Texas high school student was thrown out of her school after she reported a rape inside the band room from a fellow student. Officials shuttled them both to a program for troubled students, where the then-17-year-old had to see her attacker constantly. She was accused of committing “public lewdness.” This is a messed-up story and some great work by reporter Abigail Pesta. [MSNBC]
- Uganda has passed a law against homosexuality which punishes gay behavior with life in prison. [Al-Jazeera]
- A new ad in India focuses on men who leer and sexually harass. [Feministing]
- Can feminist hashtags “dismantle the state”? Um, probably not. [NYmag.com The Cut]
- Here’s what happened to Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie after Beyoncé sampled her TED talk. [The Atlantic]
- Check out Myam Mahmoud, an Egyptian teenaged girl rapping about women’s rights! (Also, she bears a striking resemblance to Kourtney Kardashian, no?) [GOOD]
- Wall Street is basically one giant fraternity. Like, literally a frat. [NYmag.com The Cut]
- Cynthia Eagle Russett, a historian who focused on the history of women, died at 76. Russett researched and wrote about the Victorian-era craze for trying to prove women were inferior to men. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.