What I Really Want: Jessica’s Christmas List
Still on the hunt for a last-minute gift for that hard-to-buy-for lady in your life? Not sure what to ask for yourself? Don’t worry, The Frisky staff is here to help! We’ll be compiling our Christmas lists (along with some pertinent stats) to help you get inspired. Or just take a voyeuristic peek into our deepest consumerist desires. Either way.
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Favorite Book: The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green
Signature Drink: A honeybee (rum, lemon juice and honey!)
Primary Interests: Reading, documentaries, Pinterest, feminism, Starbucks, sex, polka dots, baby pandas, Clive Owen.
What I Really Want:
1. Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy, by Helen Fielding: “Bridget Jones’ Diary” is only my favorite movie in the history of the world, so the fact I haven’t read Helen Fielding’s newest novel about Bridget’s escapades is criminal. [$18.50, Powells]
2. Catbird Rose Gold Heart Studs: Rose gold is so simple and classy, isn’t it? My rose gold Catbird heart ring — which I bought 50 percent off from a Lucky magazine Deal Of The Day, score! — is my absolute favorite piece of jewelry. I wear earrings every day, so I would love these lovely heart studs to match. [$96, CatbirdNYC]
3. Pier 1 Penguin Cookie Jar: Chocolate fiend here. I try keep something sweet around the house at all times to satisfy my sweet tooth or else thing get ugly. I would stock this festive penguin critter dude with mini York peppermint patties or mini Reese’s peanut butter cups. Or both. [$29.95, Pier1]
4. ModCloth Earmuffs: Don’t let my ears get too cold. You won’t like me when my ears are too cold. [$19.99, ModCloth]
5. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color: I need more eye makeup like I need a pet crocodile. But I’ve long admired Laura Mercier’s Caviar Sticks in makeup departments. This orchid color is gorgeous and creamy makeup always works well with my dry skin. [$26, Sephora]
6. Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: I’ve been meaning to read the much-praised novel Americanah, but was put off by the — oof — 496-page length. (The paperback version is 608 pages!) When books — even well-written books — are more than 300 pages long, I tend to get impatient and then bored partway through. But after a speech the Nigerian-born Adichie gave about feminism was sampled on the song “Flawless” on Beyoncé’s surprise new album, I want to read this again. Maybe I could also use it for weight lifting. [$26.95, Powells]
7. Eberjay Lace Bra & Panties Set: Lingerie just makes me happy. I feel pretty and girly and not like the yoga pants-wearing layabout I know myself to be inside. All of Eberjay’s lingerie is delicate and feminine, but this lavender lace is especially dainty. My husband will love the cute bows and I will love the elastic stretch fit. (There’s nothing worse than uncomfortable lingerie.) [$48, Revolve Clothing]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.