New Mexico To Legalize Gay Marriage!
- New Mexico will become the 17th state to legalize gay marriage after today’s ruling in the NM Supreme Court that a ban on same-sex unions is unconstitutional. Congratulations, LGBTQ couples in the Southwest! [Guardian UK, New York Times]
- Everyone who engages in #TwitterFeminism is blowing up about this article on Twitter feminism. [Feminist Current]
- A Michigan judge has ruled that Theodore Wafer, the man who shot to death Black teenage girl Renisha McBride, will stand trial. Renisha was shot through a screen door on Wafer’s front steps last month, following a car accident nearby. Wafer was charged with second-degree murder. [Jezebel]
- Yours truly is referenced in this month’s ELLE magazine in an article about dieting as a feminist. [ELLE]
- How The Pro-Choice Movement Saved America author Cristina Page on why feminism is the best thing that ever happened to men. [TIME]
- A California man was convicted yesterday of orchestrating a gang rape against a woman who was targeted in part because she is a lesbian. [LGBTQ Nation]
- Genora Dancel, a lesbian who ignited the nationwide gay-marriage battle 20 years ago after being denied a marriage license for a same-sex union, has married her girlfriend, Kathryn Dennis. [LGBTQ Nation]
- The top pro-choice heroes of 2013. [RH Reality Check]
- Why Beyoncé’s feminism is the same as yours … [Essence]
- … and a great big Beyoncé roundtable! [Rookie Mag]
- 20 women who drove the culture in 2013. [Flavorwire]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter.