Shia LaBeouf Apologizes For Plagiarizing Comic Daniel Clowes
- Shia LaBeouf plagiarized a 2007 comic written by comic Daniel Clowes in his short film, HowardCantour.com. The film is a rip-off of Justin M. Damiano, a comic drawn by Clowes for the 2008 Zadie Smith anthology, The Book Of Other People. Last night, LaBeouf tweeted that he was “inspired” by Clowes’ comic about a film critic, writing, “In my excitement and naivete as an amateur filmmaker, I got lost in the creative process and neglected to follow proper accreditation” and, later — more succinctly — “I fucked up.” (Hilariously, part of his apology is very similar to an entry on Yahoo! Answers.) In an interview with BuzzFeed, Clowes said he has never heard from or met LaBeouf before and was completely surprised by the artistic theft. “I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw that he took the script and even many of the visuals from a very personal story I did six or seven years ago and passed it off as his own work,” Clowes told BuzzFeed. [BuzzFeed]
- Dylan Sprouse wrote on his Tumblr about the nude pics that came out over the weekend, which were allegedly sexting pics made public by an former hookup. “The reason I’m making light of the situation is because I don’t think what I did was wrong,” Sprouse wrote on Tumblr. “To be blunt, I was proud of my progress in the gym, thought I looked hot, and wanted to share it. There is an odd taboo with the human form (especially in the USA) and I don’t particularly think its a good thing to teach people that you should ‘hide yourself’ as something incredibly sacred. Blah blah blah, that’s a medieval notion. Secondly, the real problem here was not me sending my pictures to someone, but rather, sending them to the WRONG someone. The real travesty is a misplaced trust, and while I am certainly to blame for it, it is a shame that my private life was somehow forcibly dragged into the public’s perception of me.” Well said! [US Weekly]
- What’s the true cost of all the presents the girl wants in “Santa Baby”? [The Hairpin]
- Music journalist Maura Johnston asks, what’s left of pop music in the Miley Cyrus era? [The Awl]
- Charlie Sheen is threatening to cut child support for his daughters because he’s angry at Denise Richards. Real mature. [TMZ]
- Katy Perry got busted lip synching. [Celebuzz]
- The band Bonnie Dune, which the late Cory Monteith performed in before he died this summer of a drug overdose, is finally planning to release their album. [Just Jared]
- The Cyrus family is getting their own YouTube channel, “Seriously Cyrus,” which separate shows for each family member, like “Truly Tish” for the mom, “Sunday Sessions” with Billy Ray, and “Take 2,” starring 13-year-old Noah. [Huffington Post]
[Image via WENN]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.