Republican Politicians Being Taught How To Talk About Women
- More on how Republicans are training male candidates on how to speak about issues regarding women. This is on top of the rape sensitivity training they’ve already been receiving. (They could also just follow this advice from Rachel Maddow: “Don’t talk about rape. Ever.”) They could also stop selling sexist buttons like this. [Politico]
- Twitter appointed its first-ever female board member: Marjorie Scardino, a former publishing executive. [New York Times]
- Jameis Winston, the quarterback at Florida State University, won’t face rape charges over a sexual assault accusation against him from a classmate. [TIME, Mother Jones]
- On how Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that effectively legalized abortion in the United States, doesn’t really exist anymore. [Think Progress]
- Katie Couric is being criticized for the sensationalist way her show “Katie” reported on Gardasil, the HPV vaccine, and its safety for young women. [LA Times]
- A transgender police officer in Middleton, Connecticut has filed a complaint claiming she has a hostile work environment, such as being called by a name and gender pronoun she no longer uses, told to remove her earrings and asked not to wear her wig. [ABC News]
- On Minneapolis professor of English and African Diaspora Studies Shannon Gibney, who was formally reprimanded for teaching her students about structural racism. [Slate]
- The confessed rapist who mugged and sexually assaulted a woman at NYU’s Catholic Center felt “remorse” after he learned the woman was a missionary. Raping a woman, OK. Raping a Catholic missionary, not OK. Got it! [Gothamist]
- Almost one-fifth of the marriages performed in Washington State this year were same-sex couples. It was the first year that gay marriage was legal in the state. [ABC News]
- A documentary about Alice Walker’s life called “Beauty In Truth” will screen at an African Diaspora film festival currently under way in NYC. [The Root]
- Five lesbian films that get queer love right. [Salon]
- How not to talk about actress Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. [Shakesville]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.