Evan Rachel Wood Criticizes New Cut Of “Charlie Countrymen” For Removing Women’s Sexual Pleasure For MPAA Ratings
- Here’s Evan Rachel Wood’s thoughts on Twitter about a sex scene depicting women’s sexual pleasure being cut from “Charlie Countryman” in order to please the MPAA and their notoriously prudish rating system: “After seeing the new cut of
#CharlieCountryman I would like 2 share my disappointment with the MPAA, who thought it was necessary to censor a womans sexuality once again. The scene where the two main characters make ‘love’ was altered because someone felt that seeing a man give a woman oral sex made people ‘uncomfortable’ but the scenes in which people are murdered by having their heads blown off remained intact and unaltered. … This is a symptom of a society that wants to shame women and put them down for enjoying sex, especially when (gasp) the man isn’t getting off as well! Its hard for me to believe that had the roles been reversed it still would have been cut OR had the female character been raped it would have been cut. Its time for people to GROW UP. Accept that woman are sexual beings Accept that some men like pleasuring woman. Accept that woman don’t have to just be f**ked and say thank you. We are allowed and entitled to enjoy ourselves. Its time we put our foot down. Thanks for listening.” Damn. Fucking. Straight. [Huffington Post]
- Thank God that fellow Scientologists Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon are not actually dating. I do think Donna from “That ’70s Show” would make a great stepmom for Suri, but he is just too weird. [US Weekly]
- Did Iyanla Vanzant of “Fix My Life” seriously just accuse a rape victim of “hoeing” for money? Seriously? [The Root]
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore’s divorce is at last finalized. That one felt like it took forever. [TMZ]
- Red wines it would be appropriate to bring to Olivia Pope’s house on Thanksgiving. How about bringing the number of a good psychiatrist as well? [The Hairpin]
- Blythe Danner said that her Gwyneth Paltrow haters are just jealous and bored. Might I suggest someone is in denial? [Dlisted]
- “Glee” fans can choose the songs that will be on the show’s 100th episode. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Pennsatuckey is platinum blonde with bangs now! [People]
[Image via WENN]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.