Lesbian Allegedly Banned From Visiting Her Partner In The Hospital
- A lesbian in Indianapolis, Indiana, said she has been banned by her partner’s homophobic mother from visiting her partner at St. Francis Hospital. The mother is technically the next-of-kin for Jennifer Clemmer, who was hospitalized from a prescription drug overdose. But her girlfriend, Sarah Bray, with whom she lives and raises a child, is being blocked from hospital visitation. [IndyStar.com, Queerty]
- The gender wage gap is worse for African-American and Latina women, according to new report by the National Women’s Law Center. [Clutch Magazine]
- On that ridiculous naked Oprah dress. [ColorLines]
- Burt’s Bees pulled their moisturizer after catching flack because the packaging read “let the catcalling commence.” [New York Observer]
- China is changing the rules of its one-child policy. [BBC]
- The judge on Marissa Alexander’s case made no decision this week whether to release her on bond. [The Grio]
- A 25-year-0ld Alabama man who raped a 14-year-old girl three times won’t serve any prison time. Instead he’ll go into a program for nonviolent criminals. Uh, what? [Mother Jones]
- Check out these women’s stories of being lied to by crisis pregnancy centers. [Salon]
- Here’s how Latino/a activists fought for transgender rights in Massachusetts. [ColorLines]
- Why feminist culture critiques can turn women against each other. [Think Progress]
- Two new books are coming out about women and drinking and the Sunday Book Review is on the case. [New York Times Sunday Book Review]
- Toward a clarification of the word “chivalry.” [The Hairpin]
[Image of person in a hospital bed via Shutterstock]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.