Bloggers Take Joss Whedon & Equality Now To Task
- Blogger Melissa Gira Grant critiques Equality Now, which recently had a speech by Joss Whedon in which he discussed feminism, for its anti-prostitution stance … [Talking Points Memo]
- … and blogger Flavia Dzodan critiques the contents of Whedon’s speech itself. [Red Light Politics]
- Here’s Dream Hampton’s response to the murder last weekend of Renisha McBride, a 19-year-old girl who was shot to death after she got in a car accident and knocked on someone’s door for help. [YouTube]
- bell hooks and Melissa Harris Perry held a conversation today at The New School that was streaming live online. I cannot wait to watch it this weekend! It should at the link here and also on The New School’s YouTube page soon. [ColorLines]
- On the sterilization of women in California’s prisons. [Guardian UK]
- NARAL Pro-Choice America has a new ad in which a woman, who was pregnant, explains her heartbreaking decision to abort a pregnancy after 20 weeks when doctors discovered her baby’s brain was malformed. [Huffington Post]
- The UK’s Guardian spoke with a leader of FEMEN, a hugely controversial women’s rights group which engages in topless protests against sex tourism and prostitution. [Guardian UK]
- Why little Black girls still need Disney princesses. [Clutch Magazine]
- South Korean women’s soccer players are demanding Park Eun-Seon take a gender test and release the results, all because they believe a female player should not be able to play as well as she does. [Jezebel]
- What “Masters Of Sex” overlooks about the life of sex researcher Virginia Johnson. [The New Yorker]
- Here’s blogger Sady Doyle on rape threats, defending people you don’t like, and the ethics of mob justice. [In These Times]
- What will it take to make a woman president? [TIME]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.