Woman Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Driving Her Sick Father To The Hospital
- Police in Saudi Arabia arrested a woman for driving, despite the fact that she was taking her diabetic father to a hospital. Perhaps the cops just wanted to warn her that driving ruins women’s ovaries? [Kuwait Times]
- Illinois has advanced a bill to legalize same-sex marriage. The bill now heads to the state Senate, where it is expected to pass. [Think Progress]
- Marvel is bringing back Ms. Marvel and she’s going to be a 16-year-old Muslim girl named Kamala Khan who lives with her Pakistani immigrant parents in Jersey City, New Jersey. [Yahoo News, New York Times]
- Jailed Pussy Riot member Nadya Tolokonnikova is allegedly bound for a penal colony in Siberia. Earlier this week, family of the feminist punk rocker said she was missing and prison officials would not reveal her location. She is reportedly being punished for engaging in a hunger strike against abusive prison conditions. [Radio Free Europe]
- Turkey’s prime minister announced that male and female students must now live separately in student dorms. [ABC News]
- Was there a possible coverup of the accused rapists at Vanderbilt University? [CNN]
- Meet Aja Brown, the 31-year-old visionary mayor of Compton, California. [NPR]
- On falling out of love with Olivia Pope from “Scandal.” [xoJane]
- Chana Mlotek, a preservationist of traditional Yiddish music, died at 91. [New York Times]
- Chris Chase, a former actress and an autobiographer who co-wrote books on Josephine Baker, Betty Ford and others, died at 90. Chase starred in the 1995 Stanley Kubrick film, “Killer’s Kiss.” [New York Times]
Email me links for Today’s Lady News at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.