Most Women Have Never Been Asked About Domestic Violence By Their Doctors
- A whopping 76 percent of women have never been asked about domestic violence during a medical exam, according to a shocking new study from More magazine and the Verizon Foundation. My gyno always asks me about how my partners treat me and yours should, too — let them know you feel this way. [Feministing]
- Here’s Jaclyn Friedman, Yes Means Yes co-editor, on how the “men’s rights” movement is hurting women — and men, too. [American Prospect]
- More TV shows are now portraying Black women as complex, emotional human beings rather than the tired stereotype of the “strong Black woman.” [BuzzFeed]
- Saudi Arabia is warning women who plan to break the law and drive cars on Saturday that they will be “disturbing the public peace.” Remember, ladies, driving is also bad for your ovaries. [USA Today]
- Violence against women in Afghanistan is a pandemic, says the United Nations. [Deutsche Welle]
- Four women will referee Division II football games tonight. Congratulations! [Think Progress]
- First Lady Michelle Obama plans to support women running for office in 2014. [New York Times]
- On Greek life at NYU and silence around rape culture therein. [NYU Local]
- A mother in Colombia has been arrested for pimping her 12 daughters by selling their virginities for $200 each upon turning age 12. [New York Daily News]
- Three Black women made Fortune magazine’s “50 Most Powerful Women In Business” list. [The Root]
- Two girl cousins, age 2 and 3, were kidnapped and raped in South Africa. Five men are currently on trial for their kidnappings, rapes and murders. [CNN]
- On why we shouldn’t celebrate TV’s lesbian Renaissance just yet. [Flavorwire]
- A photo compilation of fun-loving white girls just asking to be raped. [JessicaValenti.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.