Detroit Pastor Refuses To Bless Son Of Unwed Mother In Church Dedication Ceremony
- The pastor of a Detroit church refused to bless the two-year-old son of an unwed mother in a dedication ceremony before the congregation. Pastor Marvin Winans said it is his “policy” not to bless children born out of wedlock. The boy’s mother, Charity Grace, said “I’ve never felt so degraded and disrespected in my life. … I feel like they look down upon me and my kind, meaning single moms and unwed mothers. The church should be the last place you should go to be judged and denied.” [My Fox Detroit via Clutch Magazine]
- How Elizabeth Smart is taking on rape culture by speaking out publicly about the sexual assaults she suffered while captive. [Think Progress]
- Dads get three more hours of leisure time each week, showing a stark “lesiure gap” between mothers and fathers when it comes to parenting. [Pew Research Center]
- Gay Australians may soon be able to marry in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). [Queerty]
- Once upon a time, computers used to be female. [The Atlantic]
- Why fighting sexual assault on campus has to be a community effort. [SAFER Campus]
- On why men who insist you change your name make terrible husbands. [Jezebel]
- Malala Yousafzai described waking up from the hospital after she was shot by the Taliban because of her advocacy on behalf on girls’ education. [TIME]
- On “Scandal” and Black men’s response to Olivia Pope. [Ebony]
- Comic Erica Watson would like to kindly remind “Saturday Night Live”‘s Kenan Thompson that Black women are funny. [JET]
- An open letter to young female creatives. [AdAge]
- A 15-year-old Roma (gypsy) girl was removed from a school bus in France and deported to Kosovo, reigniting immigration debates. [Al-Jazeera]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
[Image via My Fox Detroit]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.