Artist Endia Beal Photographs “Black Hairstyles” On White Women
- Check out these photos by artist Endia Beal, who got white women to get so-called “Black hairstyles” and then pose for portraits in a series called “Can I Touch It?” Beal, who is Black, said she wanted to challenge the notion of what baby boomers consider to be a professional appearance in the workplace. [Colorlines, Slate]
- House Republicans. Government shutdown bullshit. Birth control. I just can’t with these people anymore. [RH Reality Check]
- There are actually Malala Yousafzai conspiracy theories, like she’s a plant for the CIA. Yup. Uh huh. [Atlantic Wire]
- Did a sexual assault occur in public during Ohio University’s homecoming last weekend while everyone took pictures? [imagery NSFW] [BuzzFeed]
- A trans woman in Colorado is suing Planned Parenthood because she said she was denied a free breast cancer screening because she was not born “genetically female.” [LGBTQ Nation]
- Teenaged girls in Syrian refugee camps are forced to choose to marry young for financial security. [Newsweek]
- Frats: still occasionally terrible towards women. [Salon]
- Blogger Lux Alptraum from Fleshbot on nude modeling as a teenager. [Medium]
- Do women have more to lose if immigration reform dies? [ColorLines]
- Eleanor Catton has won the 2013 Man Booker Prize for her novel, The Luminaries. [The Atlantic Wire]
- On the hunt by researchers for a breast cancer vaccine. [USA Today]
- Fourteen women who’ve won the Nobel Prize for science since Marie Curie. [Mental Floss]
- On how the University of Washington has grown the number of women in science and engineering programs through a national grant. [Seattle Times]
- A former secret agent says that Nelson Mandela would not have been as successful in South Africa’s anti-apartheid activism without his wife Winnie Mandela by his side. [The Wrap]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.