President Obama Nominates Janet Yellen As First-Ever Woman To Run The Federal Reserve
- President Obama announced today he has nominated Janet Yellen as chairman of the Federal Reserve. She currently serves as vice chair of the Fed and is a professor at University of California, Berkeley. If confirmed by the Senate, Yellen would be the first woman to run the Fed. [Politico]
- On Yellen and the scarcity of women at central banks. [New York Times]
- How the “bro” became an entitled white — specifically white — dude. [The Atlantic Wire]
- Condoleezza Rice was selected to serve on a college football playoff committee and everyone is losing their marbles. [Slate]
- This woman was sexually assaulted as a teen by two little boys she babysat — and worse is that the boys’ mother didn’t seem too surprised. [xoJane]
- 22 things you should never say to a multiracial woman. [Huffington Post]
- Loyola Marymount University, a Catholic college in Los Angeles, dropped coverage for elective abortions on staff health insurance. Now employees are offered a separate plan, which isn’t subsidized by the school, to cover abortion. [Los Angeles Times]
- Meet Ray Ramsey, a trans teen who was elected Homecoming King at his high school in Concord, New Hampshire. [Queerty]
- On Nigeria’s craze for skin whitening creams. [CNN]
- Were the first artists mostly women? A new study says most of the handprints left on cave art belong to women. [National Geographic]
- Co-founder of BET Sheila C. Johnson said she approves of flextime that allows women (and men!) to work from home. [NYMag.com]
- Here’s Kimberly Bryant from Black Girls Code giving a TED talk about race and technology. [Racialicious]
- On “Don Jon,” porn and postfeminism. [The Hairpin]
[Image via Getty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.