Congressional Republicans Willing To Let Government Shutdown Over Birth Control In Obamacare
- What’s more important: letting your boss refuse to cover your birth control pills in your health care plan or the jobs of 800,000 federal workers? You guessed right — it’s your boss’s input on your family planning decisions! Oh, Lord, I just can’t anymore with Republicans. [CNN, Washington Post]
- India is looking to more closely regulate its surrogacy industry, in which low-income women are hired to carry a pregnancy to term for couples in wealthier parts of the world. [New York Daily News]
- Arizona has asked the Supreme Court to review a federal appeals court ruling that the AZ ban on abortion after 20 weeks in unconstitutional. [RH Reality Check]
- Six teenagers in Stockholm, Sweden have been cleared in the gang rape of a 15-year-old girl. [The Local]
- Is it true that little boys won’t watch TV shows or movies with little girl heroines? [Slate]
- The Classic Italian Cook Book author Marcella Hazan and 2000 recipient of the James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award has died at 89. [Gothamist]
- Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban for her advocacy on behalf of girls’ education, received a humanitarian award at Harvard University. [Harvard Crimson]
- What the lawsuit against Alanis Morrisette by her former nanny tells us about labor protections for at-home caregivers. [Christian Science Monitor]
- Pioneering ecologist and environmental activist Dr. Ruth Patrick has died at 105. [New York Times via The Mary Sue]
- How YouTube is failing women. [The Daily Dot]
- Ladies: you can have your ovaries “reawakened” if you go through early menopause! [BBC]
- Women are still worried that taking maternity leave hurts their career, according to a new study. [NYmag.com]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
[Image via Getty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.