NJ Court Says State Must Recognize Gay Marriage
- A New Jersey judge has ruled that the state must recognize gay marriages now that the federal government does, so that NJ citizens can receive their federal benefits. Presently, LGBT folks in NJ can only have civil unions. [WNYC, New York Times]
- The Center for Reproductive Rights, the ACLU, and other organizations filed a federal lawsuit to block portions of the severely restrictive anti-abortion law in Texas from going into effect in late October. [RH Reality Check]
- California Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill that guarantees overtime pay for domestic workers like some nannies and home health aides, a largely female workforce. [Sacramento Bee]
- Why the real mommy wars are against mothers who don’t have choices. [Salon]
- On how sex abuse and “survival sex” are spreading amongst Syrian refugees. [The Atlantic]
- A Black trans woman was murdered at her home in New Jersey this week. [Queerty]
- On the plight of Beatriz, the woman in El Salvador who was at the center of a fight over abortion rights. Although Beatriz was eventually permitted by the government to terminate a pregnancy that could have killed her, she is still suffering health problems from the care she didn’t receive. [RH Reality Check]
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron is not sure he would call himself a feminist. [Daily Mail UK]
- Six car owners in Saudi Arabia were fined after women were found to have driven the cars, which is illegal. [Reuters]
- On being a lesbian in a sorority house. [AfterEllen]
- Google is sponsoring a hackathon to attract Black women techies. [Madame Noire]
- On why characters like Virginia Johnson on “Masters Of Sex” matter. [IndieWire]
- Fear Of Flying author Erica Jong talks about 50 Shades Of Grey, slutshaming and rumors of a Flying movie. [NYmag.com]
- On “Don Jon,” “Thanks For Sharing,” and depictions of women in movies about sex addiction. [The Atlantic]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.