There are very few earthbound humans (to my knowledge, at least) who do eccentric better than Cher. At age 67, with over 40 years in the industry under her belt, she’s as fabulously nutty as ever, and has just released her first album in 12 years. To wit: Us Weekly has a typically unremarkable celebrity-penned segment on their website called “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me.” Standard responses are usually limited to platitudes like, “I love baking and iced coffee!” But don’t we all, Emma Roberts? Cher, on the other hand, well … I’d like to see her “25 Things” list made into a book. It’s name-droppy, surreal, and strangely endearing, which is a fitting metaphor for Cher as a whole. The first item cites a discussion she once had over lunch with Stephen Hawking and, cross my heart and hope to die, only gets better from there …
1. Stephen Hawking invited me to lunch one day, and we got into a heated discussion with his students about history vs. math. Stephen said, “Cher, when time travel is perfected, history will be obsolete.”
2. Meryl Streep and I saved a girl from a large mugger in New York City.
3. The day I moved out of my home in Holmby Hills, I found a room I never knew existed.
4. There was a time I couldn’t afford to pay my gardener for six months.
And she continues with these gems…
10. I had two imaginary friends when I was little. They were both lumberjacks.
12. I am passionate about palm trees. They make me deliriously happy.
18. I love to bead! I make 5-inch-long beaded earrings for all of my friends.
20. Andy Warhol once showed up uninvited at one of my house parties. Best crasher I ever had.
And then ends with this:
25. The night I won my Oscar, you could have spotted me running down the street toward the Shrine Auditorium with my dress sky-high. I was late again, of course!
See the full amazing list at the links! [Us Weekly]