Widower Of Irish Woman Who Died After Being Refused An Abortion Sues Doctors
- Praveen Halappanavar, the widower of Savita Halappanavar, the woman who died in an Irish hospital last year after she was refused a medically necessary abortion, is suing the Health Service Executive. Savita, 31, died from septic shock caused by a dying fetus being kept in her womb for several days. Doctors reportedly refused to terminate Savita’s pregnancy while she was miscarrying because they were afraid they were breaking Irish law against abortion. The suit fingers the HSE and Savita’s obstetrician for negligence and claims they failed to uphold Savita’s right to life. Hmmmm. [BBC]
- Victims are pushing for laws against using naked pics as online “revenge porn.” [New York Times]
- Obamacare’s birth control coverage explained in six questions. [Bitch Magazine]
- Attorneys for three Navy midshipmen accused of rape grilled the alleged rape victim and it was as victim-blaming as you might imagine. [XX Factor]
- A woman in India was beaten unconscious for trying to stop her 14-year-old student from being married off to an older man. [Trust.org]
- Asian-American women are speaking out about the new run of the musical “Miss Saigon.” [Colorlines]
- Once-a-month birth control pills? Yes, please! [NYMag.com]
- Marsha Bast, a transgender human rights lawyer, announced her intent to run for president of Russia. [LGBTQ Nation]
- Five ways white feminists can address our own racism. [Huffington Post]
- On the Emmy Awards’ older women problem. [Salon]
- Check out this incubator program for women entrepreneurs. [Financial Post]
- On the sexism female journalists face after being kidnapped on the job. Don’t they know that war zones are for boys only? [The Nation]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.