High School Crowns Trans Student Cassidy Lynn Campbell Homecoming Queen
- Meet Cassidy Lynn Campbell, a transgender teen from Huntington Beach, California, who was crowned her high school’s homecoming queen. Sixteen-year-old Cassidy lived as “Lance” until transitioning three years ago. Congratulations, Cassidy! [Huffington Post, People]
- German chancellor Angela Merkel has been elected for a third term. [Wall Street Journal]
- Nadeshda Tolokonnikova from the Russian feminist punk band Pussy Riot has gone on a hunger strike to protest the inhumane conditions at her prison. She was sentenced to two years in a work camp for her participation in a public protest that spoke out against President Vladmir Putin and the church. [Animal New York]
- Gross: a Florida professor was charged with “video voyeurism” for filming up his students’ skirts. [Raw Story]
- On Syria’s pregnant women’s health crisis. [The Daily Beast]
- The Anglicans appointed Rev. Pat Storey their first female bishop in the UK and Ireland. Rev. Storey is a rector in Northern Ireland and a married mother of two. [New York Times]
- The United Nations reported today that new HIV infections worldwide have dropped by one-third since 2001. [NBC News]
- Maternal mortality is down by half in the Democratic Republic of Congo and could be down by 75 percent in only two years, according to new research. [Feminist.org]
- In other maternal health news, the World Bank Group plans to invest $700 million over the next two years to improve women and children’s health in poor countries. [World Bank]
- Meet Egypt’s hijab-wearing superheroine! [The Daily Beast]
- Totally rad: female comic shop workers created their own group, Beware The Valkyries. [Bitch Magazine]
- Freeze tag is emasculating young boys, warns rightwing nutjob. [Slate]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.