Obama To Name Janet Yellen As Chairman Of The Federal Reserve: Sources
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Janet Yellen will almost certainly be nominated by President Obama to lead the Fed, according to sources of the Washington Post. [Washington Post]
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin has thumbed her nose at the Pentagon’s instructions and has blocked military benefits for same-sex couples from being processed in the state. [Politico]
- Check out this piece on abusers, guns and the women they kill from our former Hitched columnist Andrea Grimes. [RH Reality Check]
- Meet FORCE: Upsetting Rape, the feminist pranksters who punked everyone yesterday with their fake Playboy site, which had the “magazine” telling readers that consent is the key to good sex. [Think Progress]
- A heterosexual student at Smith College wants to film a straight-girls-only sorority … [Jezebel]
- … while sororities at the University of Alabama have been firmly advised to stop discrimination against black pledges. [TIME]
- Eighty percent of the models hired for New York Fashion Week this year were white, according to a head count by Jezebel. [Jezebel]
- Deputy managing editor of Time magazine Nancy Gibbs has been named editor-in-chief of the magazine. [TIME]
- The feminist blog Feministing has named three editors as co-executive directors. [Feministing]
- Meet this real-life Rosie The Riveter, who is still working on airplanes at age 93. [Los Angeles Times]
- A Glamour survey found that young women think an average of 13 negative thoughts about their bodies throughout the day. [Glamour]
- On abusive boyfriends who call themselves feminists. [xoJane]
- Check out World Muslimah, a counterpart to the Miss World beauty pageant, where the winner gets a crown of modesty and a free trip to Mecca. [The Daily Beast]
- How free Caesareans have improved the maternal mortality rate in the Democratic Republic of Congo. [Al-Jazeera]
- On the peculiar history of footbinding in China. [The Atlantic]
- How HIV is being spread to married wives throughout rural Mexico. [The Atlantic]
- Women are both underrepresented and sexualized in weekend sports reporting in the UK, according to a new study. [Science Daily]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.