Cher Refuses To Attend Russia’s 2014 Olympics Over Anti-Gay Bigotry
- First Andy Cohen, then Wentworth Miller, now Cher — everyone is telling Russia where to stuff it. (Well, not President Obama. Oh, Syria.) Cher revealed that she refused an invitation to serve as an “ambassador” at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia due to the country’s horrid criminalization of homosexuality. [Pink News UK]
- Looking back on the Steubenville rape one year later. [Jezebel]
- A doctor in Texas shamed a woman for sporting a big ol’ hickey. [Raw Story]
- Remembering the four little girls who died in a Birmingham, Alabama church bombing — credited with igniting the civil rights movement — 50 years later. [MSNBC]
- The product reviews for My Pink Button “genital cosmetics” are amazing-slash-grossly-disturbing. [BuzzFeed]
- Kathleen Hanna spoke with Bitch about her new band, The Julie Ruin. [Bitch Magazine]
- Why do so many incompetent men become leaders? [Harvard Business Review]
- On the Model Alliance and protecting the labor rights of fashion models. [The Nation]
- MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry on why a Ohio school leader who tried to block teenagers from reading The Bluest Eye was completely wack. [MSNBC]
- On gender, art and who gets represention at shows. [Salon]
- Australia’s new prime minister Tony Abbott appointed only one woman to his Cabinet of 19 officials. [Washington Post]
- A Turkish rape victim who is almost eight weeks pregnant is seeking approval to have an abortion. Between eight and 10 weeks of gestation, a woman is required to have court approval to terminate a pregnancy in the country. [Hurriyet Daily News]
- Three women were murdered in a so-called “honor killing” in rural Pakistan. [Global Post]
- A British court ruled a Muslim woman must remove her niqab (a face-covering veil) to give trial evidence. [BBC]
- On why education is the best possible way to curb child marriage. [Pacific Standard]
- The president of the student council at the University of Manitoba in Canada has been asked to resign after it was discovered that he had captioned an Instagram photograph of him tutoring a female student with remarks that he had been staring at her cleavage. [University Herald]
- On British feminists’ ongoing campus to “lose the lad mags.” [WomensENews]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.