Illinois Pizzeria Offers Free Slices To Women Who Flash Their Boobs
- A pizzeria in Illinois is under fire for offering free pizza to women who flash their boobs to the staff. Drew’s Pizza near the University of Illinois-Champaign have since removed the promotion from their social media pages. [CNET]
- The CW is developing “ZE,” a one-hour drama about a trans male teenager in Texas. “Ze” is a gender neutral pronoun used by a lot of trans folks. [Hollywood Reporter]
- “Wadjda,” a film by Saudi Arabian filmmaker Haifaa Al Mansour about a girl who wants to buy a bicycle, will be the first Saudi film entered into the Oscar foreign language category. [Deadline Hollywood]
- This week, Berlin opened the Desert Flower Center, first clinic in Europe to treat women who have been abused by female genital mutilation (FGM). The clinic’s patron is the model Waris Darie from Somalia. [NewEurope]
- A bill to protect the labor rights of domestic workers — which largely includes women who work as nannies, housekeepers or caregivers — is headed to California Governor Jerry Brown’s desk. [Feminist.org]
- Planned Parenthood, the SEIU, the Center For American Progress, and a group called American Women are co-hosting an event to push policy initiatives that will help women and children, particularly in the areas of health care and economic advancement. [Politico]
- Meet the community doulas who are changing how low-income moms give birth. [Huffington Post]
- On what happens to women who stand up to street harassment. [Salon]
- Six videos that’ll make you want to fight for reproductive justice. [Care2]
- Watch Laverne Cox from “Orange Is The New Black” and Janet Mock talk about the stigma of loving trans women. [ColorLines]
- Female DUIs have skyrocketed in the U.S. And not just from Dina Lohan. [The Daily Beast]
- Sushmita Banerjee, 49, author of a memoir about her escape from the Taliban and a women’s rights activist, was killed in Afghanistan this week. [Trust.org]
- Judges in Afghanistan agree more women are need to sit on the judicial bench. [Feminist.org]
- The American ambassador’s wife in Saudi Arabia is helping to encourage networking events about young professional women in the kingdom. [Al-Arabiya]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
[Image of woman lifting her shirt up via Shutterstock]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.