Congratulations, you’re engaged! You’ve decided to combine sock drawers and let someone use the bathroom after you poop for the rest of your life!
Now, I hope your arms aren’t too full because you’re going to spend the next few weeks holding your tongue. Brides- and grooms-to-be, “Congratulations!” or “I’m so happy for you!” is just too hard to say. I am truly sorry. Brace yourselves from some of these doozies instead.
1. “Are you pregnant?”
2. “Are you planning to get pregnant soon?”
3. “Are you taking his last name? What’s his last name? Your name sounds good with that. Oh, you should take his last name.”
4. “How many carats is that?”
5. “Did he ask for your father’s permission for your hand in marriage? He didn’t ask your father’s permission? How could he not do that?! It’s a sign of respect to the family!”
6. “Isn’t it kind of soon?”
7. “Good luck.”
8. “Oh, we never thought that would happen.”
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
[Image of romantic couple via Shutterstock]