Maya Angelou Honored With Prestigious Literary Award
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings author Dr. Maya Angelous will be awarded the Literarian Award, a sorta lifetime achievement award from the National Book Foundation. [AP]
- Beginning this school year, Chicago Public Schools have mandated sexual education for all students, even in kindergarten. [Clutch Magazine]
- A 13-year-old boy has been questioned regarding the rape of an eight-year-old girl in a library bathroom in New York City. I can’t even. [NBC New York]
- Anyone have deep thoughts on this “Blurred Lines” parody? [Huffington Post]
- On the depictions of Muslim wives in the mainstream media. [Muslimah Media Watch]
- On Julie Ruin, Wild Flag, and the success of Riot Grrrl. [Flavorwire]
- Want to build community with other online feminist activists? Consider applying for the #femfuture Retreat at the Omega Institute in Rhineback, New York, this October. [FemFuture]
- There are scary reports of Syrian women refugees being raped. [Women Under Siege Syria]
- So the leader behind FEMEN, the topless feminist activist group in the Ukraine, is a creepy dude who has some patronizing things to say about women. Why are we not too surprised? [Guardian UK]
- An anonymous hotline in the UK has received notice of about 24 potential cases of female genital mutilation in only three months. [Guardian UK]
- On Australian girls who are forced to become child brides. [Herald Sun AU]
- French women are fighting for their inclusion in the country’s prestigious Pantheon. [BBC]
- Fun fact: Iran is actually more progressive than the GOP regarding birth control. [Think Progress]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.