Etsy Offers Tasteful, Rape-Positive “You’ve Just Been Roofied” Glass
- Ain’t nothing like a date-rape joke, especially when it involves dishware, right? Etsy seller ThatGlassStore is selling a customized sandblast-etched drinking glass that reads “you’ve just been roofied” on its bottom. Because, as the store explains in its product description, “This glass holds a surprise for the unexpected person drinking from it.” Yes, rape certainly is a “surprise.” Ugh. [Huffington Post]
- The “Today in 1963″ project gives a minute-by-minute account of Martin Luther King’s historic march on Washington. [Twitter]
- Read about amazing female African-American civil rights leader Fannie Lou Hamer. [RH Reality Check]
- When black women’s bodies are treated like sexual property in white culture: One black woman’s experience being physically appropriated by whites. [TressieMC]
- Power to the people! Clear Channel lifted a ban on radio ads for the South Wind Women’s Center in Witchita, Kansas, after a grassroots online petition called for the ads to be broadcast. More than 68,000 people signed the petition, which was created by Women, Action & the Media, a national advocacy non-profit. [Washington Post]
- On how white women can be allies to people of color. [xoJane]
- Oh crap: Anti-choice activists in Albuquerque have secured enough signatures to put a proposed 20-week abortion ban to a vote. [RH Reality Check]
- Meenu Vadera, of New Dehli, India, has created a novel solution to violence against women in the country: Women-only taxis. “Women on Wheels” is a female-run taxi service that provides female customers with women-driven taxicabs. [Policy Mic]
- Best-selling Indian author Chetan Bhagat, who made it to the top of Time’s 2010 list of people who most affect the world, tweeted out a rape joke to his 2 million+ followers. “The rupee is asking, is there no punishment for my rapists,” he wrote, in reference to the 18-year record-low value of the rupee. He then deleted the comment, but not before sparking an outcry on Twitter. [Buzzfeed]
- Ugh. Sinead Taylor, who posted video diaries online of her experiences being bullied for her “tomboy” appearance, was found dead at her London home this week. The 15-year-old had tried to turn her negative experience into a positive one by counseling others through their bullying situations. News of her death came the same day as the funeral of 14-year-old Hannah Smith, who committed suicide after being bullied online. [Guardian]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.