Kate Bornstein Pens A Moving Open Letter To Chelsea Manning
- Trans activist and self-described gender outlaw Kate Bornstein penned a powerful letter in support of Chelsea Manning, who recently came out as trans. Bornstein notes: “Remember that you have brothers and sisters and aunties and uncles all around the world who are so proud of you.” [Out]
- Speaking of: How do people changing genders choose their new names? [BBC News]
- So, Fast Company put together a list of the 25 Smartest Women On Twitter and — I’m sure you know where this is going since this shit is so damn predictable these days — there wasn’t a single Black woman on the list (though there were a couple women of color). So Twitter user @FeministaJones responded with a hashtag, #SmartBlackWomenOfTwitter — which is already trending — drawing attention to the many women Fast Company overlooked. [Fast Company; Madame Noire]
- Fox News “medical expert” Dr. David Samadi told his buddies at “Fox & Friends” that women should have to pay more for health care because “women have the breasts” and give birth, and “Guys, we don’t like to go to doctors, right?” And there’s a whole lot more failed logic where that came from. [Raw Story]
- Oh cool. A former high school teacher in Yellowstone County, Montana, received a mere 30-day sentence for raping one of his students, after the judge in the case said the victim was “older than her chronological age.” [Billings Gazette]
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange thinks that being anti-choice means that you’re “non-violent.” I guess he doesn’t know about all the very violent attacks on abortion clinics and providers? [RH Reality Check]
- Designer Miuccia Prada, feminist icon? [Refinery 29]
- Pat Robertson, doddering old man full of hatred and misinformation, believes that gays with HIV/AIDS in San Francisco use custom rings to cut people and infect them with HIV for funsies. What? [Right Wing Watch]
- Oh great: One of the men accused of gang raping a photojournalist in Shakti Mills, India, admitted that he’d previously committed similar crimes but had never been captured. [Times of India]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.