Fifth Vanderbilt Student Arrested For Alleged Role In Gang Rape
- A fifth Vanderbilt football player has been arrested for his alleged involvement in the gang rape of a 21-year-old female student in a college dorm this past June. Chris Boyd has been charged with taking part in attempting to cover up the sexual assault by giving advice to his four teammates who have already been arrested and charged with rape. Vanderbilt has suspended Boyd from the football team pending further investigation. Additionally, two California men not affiliated with the team were arrested for tampering with evidence. [ABC News, CBS News]
- Prosecutors have withdrawn a plea deal for Kaitlyn Hunt, 19, who is being charged for a consensual, same-sex relationship with a then-14-year-old. Hunt’s girlfriend and Hunt’s family have claimed that she is being targeted by the girlfriend’s parents, who are anti-gay. Nevertheless, Hunt violated court orders by remaining in contact with her former girlfriend. [CBS News]
- Republican Texas attorney general and gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott tweeted thanks to a supporter who referred to State Senator Wendy Davis as “Retarded Barbie.” [Mediaite]
- How to be a true ally to intersectional feminist issues. [Amplify Your Voice]
- On how the real world of adult filmmaking is nothing like Linda Lovelace’s experience making “Deep Throat.” [Slate]
- Surprise, surprise: “The Wolverine” passes the Bechdel test with flying colors. [Skepchick]
- A Swedish pregnant Muslim woman was beaten in Stockholm last week in an alleged hate crime. [Al Jazeera]
- A Mexican politician, who has clearly never done it doggy-style, said gays and lesbians should not be allowed to marry because they don’t make eye contact during sex. [Mediaite]
- The best way to help Italy’s survivors of domestic violence may not be with more laws to punish abusers, but a better support network network to help victims who are trying to leave an abusive relationship. [New York Times]
- Same-sex couples in New Zealand exchanged vows today when a law legalizing gay marriage finally went into effect. [Al Jazeera]
- Germany will begin classifying babies born without clearly-determined characteristics as “undetermined” sex on November 1. This changes comes at the behest of transgender and genderqueer folks who don’t bit into the gender binary (male or female), yet where assigned a gender at birth. [Guardian UK]
- On recent attacks to undermine campaigns for women’s rights in Afghanistan. [Reuters]
- Meet Soreti Jibrael, 13, who made history in Australia this weekend when she became the first-ever woman to umpire a soccer game while wearing a hijab. [World News Australia]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.