California Governor Signs Transgender Student Rights Bill
- California Governor Jerry Brown signed a landmark transgender student rights bill guaranteeing schools respect students’ gender identity in facilities, sports teams and programs … [LGBTQ Nation]
- … and of course Fox News is already misrepresenting it. [Advocate]
- Bosses favor male employees when it comes to flextime. Work-life balance what what? [Slate]
- Here’s red carpet correspondent B.Scott speaking on MSNBC and doing an interview with Janet Mock about his gender identity discrimination lawsuit against BET. The network pulled B.Scott off the red carpet at the 2013 BET Awards because they objected that he wasn’t wearing more “masculine” attire. [The Root, Janet Mock]
- Check out KnowYourIX, a new site by campus activists to help other college students fight harassment and rape culture on campus. [Think Progress]
- Black women fare well at receiving loans, according to a new study by the University of Iowa, but this good news may be based on tired, old stereotypes. [BET]
- Three real-life prison issues in “Orange In The New Black” aren’t quite as they are depicted onscreen. [Bitch Magazine]
- Sarah Erdreich, whom we interviewed about her book Generation Roe, on why the pro-choice movement needs to talk about children. [RH Reality Check]
- Actress Karen Black, who appeared in “Easy Rider” and the 1974 version of “The Great Gatsby,” died last week at age 74. [New York Times]
- Twenty pregnant women have died in the past 10 days on their way to Matany Missionary Hospital in Uganda, after the area’s ambulance was confiscated by a court. [Daily Monitor UG]
- Iran’s President Rohani has appointed a woman, Elham Aminzadeh, as vice president of legal affairs (a deputy role to his own). However, she will have to be approved by Iranian lawmakers before she is officially added to the cabinet. [Haaretz]
- On how rape culture is attempting to silence Egyptian women. [Feministing]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.