Oprah’s “Fat,” So Racism Can’t Be That Bad, Says Rush Limbaugh
- While recently shopping in Zurich, Switzerland, a shop clerk refused to show Oprah Winfrey a purse because it was “too expensive.” But Rush Limbaugh wants to assure us all that this didn’t happen because of racism against Black women, but because Oprah is “fat.” [Media Matters For America]
- Corporate lobbyists representing Macy’s and Kroger got the Texas governor to veto an equal pay bill. [The Daily Beast]
- Listen to so-called “crisis pregnancy centers” in Virginia lie to women about how abortions ruin relationships, the birth control pill causes breast cancer, and condoms don’t protect against STDs. [Cosmopolitan, The Nation]
- Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) has called for San Diego mayor Bob Filner to resign following double-digit allegations of sexual assault and sexual harassment. [Talking Points Memo]
- 10 tips for keeping your man happy … courtesy of the 1950s. [Mental Floss]
- The University of North Carolina’s Board of Governors voted unanimously to ban gender-neutral housing. [WRAL]
- Here’s Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) on how eradicating military sexual assault is not a partisan issue. [The Daily Beast]
- A 10-year-old girl in Texas was arrested and charged with raping a four-year-old boy. Terrible on so many levels. [Madame Noire]
- Iowa is proposing yet another restriction on abortion rights. [Feminist.org]
- Food writers comparing food to women is artistically lazy and just a little bit creepy. [Slate]
- Check out these Disney Princesses re-imagined as Asian-American women! [Racialicious]
- What do we think of gender blind awards show nominations? [Dame Magazine]
- Police in Armenia proposed, and then thankfully withdrew, a proposal to ban the discussion of gay and lesbian relationships. [Pink News UK]
- On the underage girls in Eygpt who are “rented” to male tourists from the Gulf Arab states, which are considered to be temporary marriages. [IPS News]
- A Muslim woman from Bangladesh has been arrested and charged with kidnapping for marrying her girlfriend. [Thomson Reuters Foundation]
[Photo via Getty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.