11-Year-Old Indian Girl Set On Fire, Dies Resisting Rape
- An 11-year-old girl in India died after she was set on fire for resisting a sexual assault. The youngster was hassled by kids while she was trying to go to the bathroom; when she tried to get away from them, two men reportedly doused her in kerosene and set her on fire. She eventually succumbed to burns on over 70 percent of her body. So far, only one 18-year-old suspect has been arrested. [Huffington Post]
- The Pentagon plans to debut a new series of sexual assault policies soon, but they will also be forced to follow new procedures in this year’s defense bill. [Politico]
- A 10th woman has come forward accusing San Diego Mayor Bob Filner of sexual harassment. Filner, who has publicly admitted to having a problem mistreating women but denied that it’s sexual harassment, recently announced he would undergo therapy. [Salon]
- On why it’s not easy for black female celebrities like Raven-Symone to come out of the closet. [The Daily Beast]
- Two Texas State Troopers have had a federal civil rights suit filed against them after two women complained they were subjected to roadside body cavity searches at traffic stops. Roadside body cavity searches are illegal in Texas. [Feministing]
- How will Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, be remembered by history? [The Nation]
- Check out all these ways that abstinence-only sex education is rife with gender stereotypes. [RH Reality Check]
- On why more women mean more problems for Aaron Sorkin’s show, “The Newsroom,” which is now in its second season. [Capital New York]
- This comedienne started her own women’s only open mic. [xoJane]
- Here’s 12 totally fucked up olde-timey anti-suffragette cartoons. [The Week]
- Will Shailene Woodley in “The Spectacular Now” popularize the “nerdy doormat dream girl”? [Flavorwire]
- Your seven-point intersectional feminist guide to hookups. [PolicyMic]
- Pioneering jazz singer Carline Ray died at age 88. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.