Could North Carolina Temporarily Be Without An Abortion Clinic?
- North Carolina has suspended the license of the one abortion provider in the state that is able to stay open following the passage of new abortion restrictions. Femcare, in Asheville, is expected to reopen once it improves upon 23 violations. [Huffington Post, RH Reality Check]
- On things that look like feminism but aren’t. [MSNBC]
- Rape culture at Yale University is more fucked up than we previously thought. [Jezebel]
- How better childcare options will improve birth rates. [The Atlantic]
- Five pieces of anti-abortion legislation that assume women are stupid. [Think Progress]
- On the media’s five worst references to Huma Abedin’s ethnic background. [Racialicious]
- Transgender teen Ashton Lee petitioning California Governor Jerry Brown to sign a gender identity rights bill. [Huffington Post]
- Manifesta author and “I Had An Abortion” documentarian Jennifer Baumgardner has been named the publisher and executive director of Feminist Press at the City University of New York. [Feminist Press]
- On girls, superhero merchandise, and the color pink. [DC Women Kicking Ass]
- An open letter to Robin Thicke, who recently said his song “Blurred Lines” is a “feminist movement,” from a former fan. [Policy Mic]
- There’s been a new twist in the case of one of India’s recent high-profile gang rapes. [Wall Street Journal]
- The leader of Scotland’s Labour Party MSP Johann Lamont has come out in support of marriage equality. [Pink News UK]
- A group called the Geekettes in Berlin, Germany, have partnered with Deutsche Telekom to support women in tech. [The Next Web]
- Check out these images re-imagining Western films with Senegalese models. [Flavorwire]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.