Could North Carolina Temporarily Be Without An Abortion Clinic?
- North Carolina has suspended the license of the one abortion provider in the state that is able to stay open following the passage of new abortion restrictions. Femcare, in Asheville, is expected to reopen once it improves upon 23 violations. [Huffington Post, RH Reality Check]
- On things that look like feminism but aren’t. [MSNBC]
- Rape culture at Yale University is more fucked up than we previously thought. [Jezebel]
- How better childcare options will improve birth rates. [The Atlantic]
- Five pieces of anti-abortion legislation that assume women are stupid. [Think Progress]
- On the media’s five worst references to Huma Abedin’s ethnic background. [Racialicious]
- Transgender teen Ashton Lee petitioning California Governor Jerry Brown to sign a gender identity rights bill. [Huffington Post]
- Manifesta author and “I Had An Abortion” documentarian Jennifer Baumgardner has been named the publisher and executive director of Feminist Press at the City University of New York. [Feminist Press]
- On girls, superhero merchandise, and the color pink. [DC Women Kicking Ass]
- An open letter to Robin Thicke, who recently said his song “Blurred Lines” is a “feminist movement,” from a former fan. [Policy Mic]
- There’s been a new twist in the case of one of India’s recent high-profile gang rapes. [Wall Street Journal]
- The leader of Scotland’s Labour Party MSP Johann Lamont has come out in support of marriage equality. [Pink News UK]
- A group called the Geekettes in Berlin, Germany, have partnered with Deutsche Telekom to support women in tech. [The Next Web]
- Check out these images re-imagining Western films with Senegalese models. [Flavorwire]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.