How To Help Marissa Alexander, Jailed In Florida For Firing A Warning Shot At Her Abusive Husband
- We haven’t forgotten about Marissa Alexander, an African-American mother of three who fired a warning shot at a wall — not a person — to scare off her abusive husband. Her husband had a restraining order against her, yet she was sentenced in May to 20 years in prison. Did I mention she is from Florida? You know, the state that just let a man who killed an unarmed black teenage boy walk free? Courtesy of Feministing, here are eight things you can do right now to help Marissa Alexander fight this bullshit. [Feministing]
- Women of color and feminism: a history lesson and a way forward. [RH Reality Check]
- Female legislators from the Texas House and Senate tell tales of their male colleagues hitting on staffers, openly ogling, and watching porn on iPads and state-owned computers. [Texas Observer]
- Patronizing much? North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory, who promised during his campaign not to sign any new abortion regulations into law and then signed more abortion restrictions into law, gave cookies to people protesting the bill outside his mansion. [Talking Points Memo]
- Texas has proposed a law that women seeking abortions must take a three-hour class about adoption beforehand. [Jezebel]
- Ten common ignorant replies made to women who discuss experiencing street harassment. [Gradiant Lair]
- Oh, just another misleading attack on women in combat courtesy of Fox News. [Media Matters For America]
- Do women make better lobbyists than men? [The Atlantic]
- A handy, dandy guide on why you shouldn’t call your intern a slutbag. Too late for you, Anthony Weiner campaign. [The Daily Beast]
- Five reasons to watch “Masters Of Sex,” starring Lizzy Caplan, when it airs on Showtime. [ThinkProgress]
- Former Congresswoman Lindy Boggs, a women’s rights and civil rights advocate, died this weekend at 97. [MSNBC]
- On the grassroots efforts to teach illegal immigrants doing sex work in Paris about STDs and safety. [The Daily Beast]
- BBC sports host Colin Murray made comments about Olympic athlete Jess Ennis’s butt while hosting a sporting event. [The Week UK]
- Women and children are an increasing number of victims in Afghanistan, according to a new report by the United Nations. [Huffington Post]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.