Bananas Thrown At Cecile Kyenge, Italy’s First Black Minister
- Cecile Kyenge, Italy’s first-ever black minister, had bananas thrown at her at a political rally on Friday. Kyenge was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo but is now an Italian citizen. Last month, a right-wing politician called for Kyenge to be raped and then claimed it was a “joke.” [Feminist.org]
- An eighth woman has come forward with sexual harassment allegations against San Diego mayor Bob Filner. [Talking Points Memo]
- The House of Representatives advanced a bill that includes additional protections for victims of military sexual assault. [Ms. Magazine]
- Indiana has agreed that its 2011 law banning Medicaid patients from getting preventative healthcare from Planned Parenthood clinics is legally unenforceable. [RH Reality Check]
- Atheism activist Ashley Paramore on how she was sexually assaulted at a skeptics conference. [Raw Story]
- Cleopatra Cowley-Pendleton, the mother of Hadiya Pendleton, a teen girl who was murdered in Chicago just a week after performing music for President Obama’s inauguration, speaks out about gun violence. [MSBNC]
- The New York Times implies that Obama’s economic team has an issue with women. [The Jane Dough]
- Is Netflix the new feminist Hollywood leader? [The Broad Side]
- Blogger Tyler Coates writes in praise of messy Katie Roiphe. [Flavorwire]
- How the WNBA’s Sheryl Swoopes changed basketball forever. [The Daily Beast]
- That “Daria” spoof starring Aubrey Plaza was hella funny, but also whitewashed out the black characters. [Racialicious]
- Ireland’s president has signed into law a legalization of abortion in the case of risk to the mother’s life or threat of suicide. [Guardian UK]
- Afghan peace talks should be a setting for more pressure on the advancement of womens’ rights. [Feminist.org]
- Meet Spain’s first-ever all-female ambulance flight crew. [Propellers And Prose]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.