So, Uh, What Exactly Is A “Gay-by” Shower, Fergie?
This past weekend, the very pregnant Fergie Duhamel had her “gay-by” shower at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. And, if you’re like us, you probably have no idea what that means. Us Weekly reported that it was thrown by her “gay BFFs.” Not sure why they can’t just be “BFFs” who also happen to be gay. But besides that, here’s what we’re guessing makes a “gay-by” shower, in case you’re thinking of throwing one, too:
- You have to have a really random group of gay/gay-friendly celebrities attending — preferably Adam Lambert, Kelly Osbourne, Perez Hilton, Julianne Hough, Lance Bass, Molly Sims, and Halle Berry’s ex Gabriel Aubry (…huh?).
- You need at least one performance by a drag singer crooning about the gender of your baby, like Courtney Act singing “Let’s Hear It For The Boy.”
- You serve a wine named after yourself (Ferguson Wine).
- At some point, attendees should bust a move to “Blurred Lines,” while their children roam around in painted faces clutching balloon animals.
- Last but not least, your “gay-by” shower can not be complete unless RuPaul is in good spirits and “dancing around the mama-to-be.”
A baby shower with RuPaul! Why don’t we ever get invited to these things? [Us Weekly]
[Image via Getty]