Back In The Day: We Love Butterfly Clips
What: Butterfly clips
When we wore it: Late ’90s
Why we hate them: Because we never had enough, obviously.
Why we love them: How much time do you have?
- Because what girl wouldn’t want plastic insects in her hair?
- Because with a whole box there were endless ’90s stylin’ options…
- …like a sphere of small, twisty buns projecting from the head.
- From a distance they could look like stars in the galaxy that is your hair.
- Pressing them open and closed and open and closed provided endless hours of entertainment (even if it resulted in a few broken bugs along the way)
- You could snap them on to your sister’s pinky finger just to see how long she could handle the pain. Anyone? …Bueller?
Would we wear them now: While I may be past my butterfly clip prime, I would not deny their many gifts for pre-pubescent children.