What’s An “Abortion Contract”?
- Ever heard of an “abortion contract”? Well, NBA player J.J. Reddick reportedly had one. Reddick requested his ex-girlfriend, Vanessa Lopez, sign a legal agreement saying that she would have an abortion and that he would stay in a relationship with her for at least one year, otherwise he would pay her $25,000. You can read bits of their contract/proof that romance is indeed dead screen-grabbed on the blog Deadspin. Hey, I don’t disagree that talking about how you’ll handle an unplanned pregnancy is a smart thing for all couples to do! An abortion is certainly an option. But the stipulations here are simply gross. [NYMag.com, Deadspin]
- Not this crap again: several soldiers at Fort Carson, Colardo are being investigated for sexual misconduct with four minor females. [CNN]
- USC told a woman she wasn’t actually raped because her assailant didn’t orgasm. Wha-what? [Jezebel]
- A lesbian couple in Pennsylvania obtained a marriage license and wed afterwards, despite the fact that there is a state ban on gay marriage. [Think Progress]
- It’s Bust magazine’s 20th birthday! As a teenager I always dreamed that I would work at Bust one day! Here’s an interview with the cofounders, Debbie Stoller and Laurie Henzel. [Time Out New York]
- Here’s an essay by a young woman who was sexually exploited by her “modeling manager.” [xoJane]
- Check out this new Tumblr that calls out the Hollywood boys’ club. [Huffington Post]
- Could sexism derail Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Janet Yellen’s chances of becoming chairman of the Federal Reserve? [Washington Post]
- Veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas passed away last week. Here’s one of the last interviews she ever gave. [Bitch Magazine]
- Nigeria’s Senate refused to remove a line in its constitution which would have done away with child marriage. One opponent of removing the item complained that doing so would be anti-Muslim. [Hello Beautiful, Daily Post NG]
- Check it out: Jane Austen now graces the UK’s 10 pound bank note. [Guardian UK]
- President Obama has nominated Caroline Kennedy, daughter of former president John F. Kennedy, as the United States ambassador to Japan. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.