State Senator Wendy Davis On Why She Stood Up For Texas Women
- In her own words, here is one of our personal heroes, Texas State Senator Wendy Davis on why she stood up for TX women by filibustering an anti-abortion bill for nearly 13 hours. [Washington Post]
- On Massachusetts’ approach to curbing domestic homicide (i.e. murder via domestic violence) by focusing on the perpetrators and not the victims. [The New Yorker]
- The busiest abortion clinic in Virginia has shut down as a result of new laws placing increased restrictions on abortion access. [Talking Points Memo]
- Only one-third of bisexuals said that most or all the important people in their lives know their sexual orientation, according to a new study by the Pew Research Center. [LA Times]
- Why remarks made by President Obama are complicating military sexual assault trials. [New York Times]
- A man named Kim O’Grady explains how he finally understood gender discrimination after he added the word “Mr.” to his resume. [Quartz]
- A Texas man was arrested for sexually assaulting a woman … with a cucumber. What the hell is wrong with people? [Raw Story]
- The Delta Sigma Theta sorority recently held its centennial weekend celebration in Washington, D.C. [The Root]
- Blogger Anna North on why it’s time for an end to formulaic stories about women and sex. [Salon]
- Meet five fashion designers who are challenging gender norms with their fashion choices. [Colorlines]
- Britain is inching even closer towards legalization of gay marriage. [USA Today]
- Four cities in India are looking to set up sharia courts to be run for women, by women. [Indian Express]
- Scotland’s police force is suddenly stepping up their criminalization of prostitution by raiding seven saunas in the past month. [Guardian UK]
- On what dating is like for single Muslim women in Britain. [Guardian UK]
- Meet Maryam Jum’a, 26, a Jordanian filmmaker who is working on a film about a sexual abuse survivor who is suffering from mental illness in adulthood. [WomensENews]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.