Lesbian Couple Attacked In Austin, Texas
- A lesbian couple was assaulted and taunted with anti-gay slurs in Austin, Texas, on Saturday night by 10 men. Only one perpetrator has been caught so far. [Chicago Tribune]
- North Carolina’s House of Representatives advanced a new version of a bill restricting abortion access in the state. It now heads to the state Senate for approval. [WECT]
- New York City police officer Peter Ciollo has been arrested for giving a minor alcohol and attempted rape after he was caught having sexual relations with a 16-year-old girl. In NYC, the age of consent is 17. Ciollo, who is 29 and married, is accused of giving the girl booze, letting her drive his car around a parking lot, showing her pornography, and then sexually assaulting her. [Gothamist]
- Rhode Island is soon to become the third state that would allow workers to take paid four to eight weeks family leave to care for a new baby or a sick family member. [Think Progress]
- Oh, good. Now that Texas intends to close a bunch of its abortion clinics, something called “flea market abortions” are thriving. [Bloomberg]
- Single women are 18 percent of first time home owners, compared with 10 percent of single men, according to the 2012 Profile Of Home Buyers And Sellers. [Huffington Post]
- A “rogue” abortion provider, Dr. Steven C. Brigham, has harmed numerous women who went to him seeking to terminate a pregnancy and legitimate doctors say its time his medical license is permanently revoked. [RH Reality Check]
- Meet Melody Meckfessel, the Google engineer who oversees the team that builds all the programming tools used by other engineers. [Wired]
- Meshael Alayban, a Saudi princess, has been charged with human trafficking in California. She is accused of hiring four women from the Phillippines and one woman from Kenya and then forcing them to overwork at a condo complex. [Raw Story]
- The six most influential women writers you’ve never heard of. [PolicyMic]
- Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban because of her advocacy on behalf of educating girls, turns 16 years old tomorrow. She’ll celebrate by addressing the United Nations about a goal to
decreaseincrease the number of children who have access to education to zero by 2015. [Gates Foundation]
- A debate about Ireland’s abortion bill went late into the night. [Irish Times]
- Also, almost 4,000 Irish women went to the UK for abortions in 2012 and 124 of them were under age 18. [Irish Times]
- British police are investigating the claim of a rape that allegedly occurred early Sunday in the overnight line for Wimbledon. [Sky News]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.