It’s Time For A Sex Strike, Texas Ladies
- Pro-choice Texas women are being urged to hold a “Lysistratra”-style sex strike against their anti-abortion boyfriends and husbands over the SB5 anti-abortion bill. Y’all tell us if you need The Frisky staff to mail you some vibrators, you hear? We have extras laying around here somewhere… [Cosmopolitan]
- And yes, “Wendy Davis Truthers” are actually a thing. [Salon]
- Men still occupy most of the top positions in TV, radio and newspaper newsrooms. [Pew Research]
- Actress Geena Davis is teaming up with the United Nations for a global study on how women and girls are portrayed in family-focused films. [Huffington Post]
- The Department of Health and Human Services has issued its final regulations on the complex, six-step process of how faith-based nonprofit employers can refuse to cover contraceptives for their employees under Obamacare. [Washington Post]
- What does it mean that female deaths from prescription painkiller overdoses have increased by 400 percent? [The Daily Beast]
- Here are three Muslim teen girls in Michigan talking about wearing their hijab veils. [Bitch Magazine]
- On women, sex drives, and promiscuity. [The Atlantic]
- Tonight on ESPN, check out “Nine For IX,” a new documentary series about women in sports. This evening’s episode covers Venus Williams. [New York Times]
- What can a woman learn from a year of dressing modestly? [Salon]
- Ireland voted today to legalize abortion if necessary to save the life of the mother. The country vowed to clarify their abortion laws back in December, following the death of 31-year-old Savita Halappanavar, who was refused a pregnancy termination in an Irish hospital. [Huffington Post]
- On how closing abortion clinics in Texas as a result of the SB5 anti-abortion bill will affect women in Mexico. [KVUE]
- A 29-year-old woman in Ukraine was allegedly kidnapped by two policemen, raped and beaten last week. One of the officers has been detained, but the other cop is still walking free. Early today, protesters stormed a police station in Ukraine, smashing windows and setting fires to protest the police’s inactivity. [USA Today]
- A new wave of sexual assaults have occurred in Cairo, Egypt, as the current protests against President Mohammed Morsi rage on. [TIME]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
[Photo of angry woman via Shutterstock]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.