Butthurt Republican Vows Constitutional Ban On Gay Marriage
- A Republican Congressman from Kansas is vowing to ban gay marriage with an amendment to the Constitution. Good luck with that, bro. [Raw Story]
- Not that we should move our attention away from the abortion restrictions in Texas, but shit is about to get pretty fucked up in Ohio, too. [The Daily Beast]
- Here’s a huge feature on a rape coverup at Occidental College in Los Angeles, California. [LA Weekly]
- New York City lawmakers overrode a mayoral veto on paid sick days for businesses. [Huffington Post]
- New HIV infections amongst black women has declined for the first time in 20 years, according to a new Centers For Disease Control fact sheet. [The Root]
- Fact: having an abortion is safer in America than having a baby. [Slate]
- Yup, the “second shift” is still a thing. [Think Progress]
- On gender and race in “Doctor Who.” [Racialicious]
- Women in over 290 locations around the world are holding a massive nurse-in on August 3. [The Daily Beast]
- I’m not even sure I want to know what a TV show called “Jane The Virgin” is about. [Jezebel]
- Oooh, check out these short films that will be at the ninth annual Queer Women of Color Film Festival. [The Daily Californian]
- Bushra, a Pakistani actress on TV and the stage, was assaulted with an “acide attack” earlier this week and burned over 1/3 of her body. It’s possible she was attacked in connection with her recent refusal to marry a TV producer. [Huffington Post]
- Police in the Phillipines arrested five people who were sending 29 Filipina women to be “mail-order brides” for men in South Korea. Mail order bride schemes have been illegal in the Phillines sine 1990; in 2003, it was classified as human trafficking. [Raw Story]
- First Lady Michelle Obama visited an all-girls high school in Senegal and called the young women there “role models.” [USA Today]
- The number of Turkish women joining the workplace has increased 50 percent in the last six years. [Hurriyet Daily News]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.