Pro-Choice Activist Secretly Tapes “Crisis Pregnancy Center” Counselor Lying
- Kate, a 24-year-old pro-choice activist, went undercover at a so-called “crisis pregnancy center” in Cleveland and secretly taped the counselor doling out medically inaccurate advice, like how emergency contraception could cause her to “hemorrhage” and “is like having an abortion.” It’s absolutely outrageous the way the counselor completely lies to her! You have to watch these videos, they’re insane. How scary is it that plenty of women go to CPCs because they think they will receive real, actual, medically unbiased reproductive health counseling? [Salon]
- Singer India.Arie addresses the controversy from earlier in the year that suggested she lightened her dark skin on the cover of her new single, “Cocoa Butter.” [Madame Noire]
- Why does anyone give a shit if Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard knits? [Guardian UK]
- An episode of “Good Luck Charlie” on the Disney Channel will feature of pair of same-sex moms. [TV Guide]
- On how home care workers — a predominantly female group — are still waiting for legal protections that guarantee them minimum wage and overtime pay. [Think Progress]
- Blogger Maria Bustillos from The Awl tried and failed to defend the Kickstarter pickup artist Ken Hoinsky. [Slate]
- On how fat women are still being ignored by fashion companies. [Feministing]
- CBC News had obtained documents finding that the birth control pills Yaz and Yasmin have been linked to the deaths of 23 women in Canada, mostly from blood clots. [CBC]
- British feminist activist Kat Banyard is campaigning to get Tesco and other major retailer to stop selling lad mags like Maxim. [Guardian UK]
- Amnesty International has condemned homophobia and physical attacks on LGBTQ folks in Africa. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.