Lesbian Couple Marries In Front Of Westboro Baptist Church
- Amazing: a lesbian couple got hitched in a gay-homosexual-same-sex-definitely-not-straight marriage ceremony right across the street from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. I love it! Katie Short and Kimberly Kidwell wed at Equality House, a rainbow-painted nonprofit right across from the hate group’s headquarters, by a pastor who wanted to marry a same-sex couple. Of course, it’s unclear whether the union is legal, as same-sex marriage is banned in KS. In any case, one of the brides said she wasn’t even angry about WBC protesting their nuptials because “We were just so ecstatic to be getting married.” Awww. [Feministing]
- Her teammates’ “impure thoughts” got 12-year-old Madison Baxter kicked off her Christian school’s football team. [Jezebel]
- On how men are the overlooked victims in military sexual assault. [New York Times]
- The LAPD have arrested the man behind a vicious attack on Vivan Diego, a trans woman, in West Hollywood in May. [Queerty]
- New Jersey women are poised to double their ranks in the state legislature. [The Broad Side]
- Women’s Health’s May/June 2013 published an item about how “getting whistled at by construction workers” means “you’ve still got it.” Really? [Stop Street Harassment]
- Check it out: an oral history of Liz Phair’s Exile In Guyville album. [SPIN]
- Gateways, a popular lesbian nightclub in Britain which closed in 1985, will be memorialized in a Gay Pride performance this month. [Guardian UK]
- More on how protections for women are under threat in Afghanistan. [Radio Free Europe]
- A dude says British women in TV should stop complaining about sexism in the industry. Easy for him to say! [Daily Mail UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.