On Don Draper, Dick Whitman & Consent
- SPOILER: Why wasn’t there more of a discussion about the prostitute who nursed a young Dick Whitman back to health and then took sexual advantage of him? [The Atlantic]
- There’s an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal today by editorial board member James Taranto that posits the military’s effort to clean up sexual assault is a “war on male sexuality.” As blogger Amanda Marcotte put it so well on Twitter, “Most men don’t rape, actually, James Taranto. But implying that they do emboldens rapists who want to believe they’re normal.” [Wall Street Journal]
- Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri announced a Support For Hillary political action committee to encourage former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to run for president in 2016. [Guardian UK]
- Chlamydia is everywhere, so Massachusetts is considering expanding its sex ed. [Think Progress]
- Why is the GOP still pushing limits on abortion? [New York Times]
- The inaccurate and inflammatory way that Fox News’ coverage of the lives of transgender folks contributes to violence and discrimination against them, according to research by the journalism watchdog group Media Matters For America. [MMFA]
- A former soldier wants visitation or custody of a child he conceived with a 14-year-old (when he was 19). Ick. [Kansas City Star]
- Bauer Publishing is debuting three more newsstand magazines aimed at women and girls. [AdWeek]
- Cleveland is finally attending to its backlog of rape kits — and putting serial rapists behind bars. [Slate]
- How can we make women’s basketball more popular? [New York Times]
- On eight decades of Lois Lane. [The Atlantic]
- On “those poor Muslim women.” [The Feminist Wire]
- Argentina street art is educating the public about how most sex workers are single mothers and need protections. [Guardian UK]
- Saudi Arabia has sentenced two women’s rights activists to prison time for helping a Canadian woman who was married to an allegedly abusive Saudi man flee the country. [Human Rights Watch]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.