14-Year-Old Pregnant Rape Victim Slutshamed By Indiana Community
- This whole story is horrific: A 13-year-old girl in Ellwood, Indiana, was raped by a 17-year-old and became pregnant. She decided to carry the pregnancy to term because she is against abortion. Now her community has been slutshaming the teen over her traumatic rape and subsequent teen pregnancy, with people writing “slut” and “whore” on her family’s garage door. Despite the fact that the rapist’s case has been working its way through juvenile court, classmates are still gossiping about whether she might be faking the rape. Meanwhile, the rapist has at least two other young victims, one of whom was only 12, and has been charges with three counts of child molesting. [Slate, IndyStar.com]
- Check out an op-ed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) about the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would make it easier for women to sue employers over pay discrimination. [Mother Jones]
- Just as expected, the Religious Right is already screeching that pedophiles are going to be thrilled the morning-after pill will now be available over-the-counter. [Raw Story]
- Wisconsin’s state Senate is set to vote today on a bill that would require an ultrasound and a detailed description of the fetus before an abortion. [TwinCities]
- Jezebel got its hands on the lewd, derogatory-towards-women email chain that got 15 West Point cadets in trouble. [Jezebel]
- A Utah man claims he raped his unconscious neighbor, whom he brought into his house before assaulting, because he was trying to “get her temperature up.” [Gawker]
- On how the purpose of the cockshot is for a man to test a woman’s boundaries around saying “no.” [Yes Means Yes]
- On how Broadway’s female directors are finally hitting their stride. [The Broad Side]
- Did “Bridesmaids” make it easier to be a funny woman in Hollywood? [Bitch Magazine]
- Watch “Scandal” star Kerry Washington discuss gender and race in Hollywood. [Racialicious]
- Russia’s lower house of parliment has passed a law that will fine anyone who provides info about homosexuality to children under age 18. The bill still needs to be approved by the upper house of parliament and President Vladmir Putin. [BBC]
- Five women’s cricketers in Pakistan have accused their superiors of sexual harassment and the Pakistan Cricket Board has responded by forming a committee to look into the matter. [NDTV]
- A court in Kuwait sentenced a woman to 11 years in jail for insulting the emir over Twitter. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.