Hillary Clinton Joins Twitter!
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has joined Twitter! She only follows four people so far and you (probably, statistically) aren’t one of them. [Twitter.com/HillaryClinton]
- Last week, the Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice advanced a bill to ban all abortions after 20 weeks. It now heads to the Judiciary Committee, where it is expected to be approved, despite the fact it is “blatantly unconstitutional,” as The New York Times put it. What the hell is wrong with our elected officials?! [New York Times]
- The Air Force booted a former director of its Sexual Assault Prevention program, who himself was arrested on charges of sexual assault in a strip club parking lot, and named Major General Margaret H. Woodword as its new director. [Think Progress]
- Iowa’s Republican Catholic governor may personally have to sign off on abortions under Medicaid. [TribLive]
- Our editor-in-chief Amelia McDonell-Parry is quoted in this piece about how frat media is desperately trying to grow up! [Daily Dot]
- The Lonely Island dudes talk feminism. [Cosmopolitan]
- 25 things to know about sexism and misogyny in writing and publishing. [Terrible Minds]
- Feminist photojournalist Abigail Heyman, who shot the 1974 book Growing Up Female: A Personal Photo-Journal, died at age 70. [New York Times]
- The European Union Ministers Of Justice have advanced a regulation that will apply orders of protection to perpetrators, even if their victim is traveling or has moved to a new country, in both criminal and civil cases. [UN Women]
- Why are Iranian women studying parkour? [Guardian UK]
- Women are on the frontlines of new protests against the conservative government in Turkey. [TIME]
- On the young women of India who are “virtual widows” as their husbands leave to find work in the Gulf. [BBC]
- The UN has launched a website and smartphone app that provides resources for survivors of sexual violence in Brazil’s favelas. [UN Women]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.