Steubenville Hacker Could Do More Prison Time Than The Rapists
- Deric Lostutter, the Anonymous hacker who exposed the Steubenville rape case — in which players on the high school football team sexually assaulted a drunk girl at a party and were protected by their community — is facing hacking-related charges from the FBI, which carry up to 10 years in prison. Ten years, by the way, is a lot longer than either of the convicted rapists will spend behind bars. Lostutter said he is being made an example of by the FBI. [Think Progress]
- Ohio’s state Senate advanced a budget bill that strips state funding for Planned Parenthood clinics, which provide reproductive health care to low-income women, including cancer screenings and HIV testing. Instead the state would grant funding to so-called “crisis pregnancy centers,” which have been known to lie to women about reproductive health while discouraging them away from abortions. The bill now heads to the Ohio state House. [Raw Story]
- Scary: a majority of women, blacks and Latino seniors are on the cusp of poverty. [Los Angeles Times]
- A Baptist daycare/preschool in Fayetteville, North Carolina, fired one of its employees because she is pregnant and unmarried. [Madame Noire]
- Filmmaker Katina Parker is making a documentary series about black LGBTQ activists. [Clutch Magazine]
- Silicon Valley’s race and gender problem, as depicted in three charts. [Mother Jones]
- Delaware’s state Senate has advanced a bill banning discrimination on the basis of gender identity. The bill now heads to the state House. [LGBTQ Nation]
- Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant thinks that the American education system is so bad because moms aren’t staying at home with their children as much anymore. [The Broad Side]
- A 17-year-old boy in Bolivia, suspected of rape and murder of a 35-year-old woman, was tossed into an open grave alongside the deceased and buried alive. [BBC]
- The United Nations has called on El Salvador to change its abortion policy — strictly illegal under all circumstances — after a seriously ill woman named Beatriz was forced to carry a dangerous pregnancy for several months. [Fox News Latino]
- Meet the woman fighting the Bank of England to keep women on British banknotes. [Telegraph UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.